Turns out I haven't really gotten on board with the cactus trend. As much as I like a good cactus I have nothing in the way of cactus clothing or accessories. I do own a cactus, if that counts? It's about the only plant I've managed to keep alive for any length of time. I love a plant that thrives on neglect! I've also just bought myself a succulent. So, now I own a grand total of two plants. And, with the help of Jewellery Club, I have jewellery to match! Some pretty cactus earring and a succulent brooch mean I can show off my plant collection when I'm out and about. And get on board with the cactus trend in a subtle and colourful way.Win, win!
I really like these jewellery pieces. The colours are bright, the illustrations are neat and the material is fun and unusual. There was a great mix of pieces in the box so there was something to suit both Kimberley and I. Plus they were also nicely presented. Pretty much the definition of happy post.
Jacket | Charity Shop
Tshirt | Monki
Skirt | Borrowed from my sis
Shoes | Charity Shop
Glasses | Spex Pistols
Earrings | c/o Jewellery Club
Brooch | c/o Jewellery Club
Rings | Made by me
Bag | Borrowed from Kimberley
As well as cacti, there also seems to be a trend for subscription boxes at the moment. I for one am not complaining. Who doesn't want to receive some surprises through the post on a regular basis! It certainly beats the bills and takeaway menu's that I receive the rest of the month. As well as Jewellery Club, there are lots of other kinds of boxes to sign up for. There really is something to suit everyone. Looking for more reasons to get signed up? I have plenty:
- New designers, baby! - There are lots of boxes that send a mix of pieces from different indie designers. Receiving a fun item can be a great introduction to a new brand. You get to see a product up close and personal, so it's the perfect way to sample the wares of someone you may not be familiar with. Plus the boxes usually include details where you can find, follow and buy more from the ones you like.
- Build a collection - Some boxes come straight from one brand and are full of exclusive or special designs by them. If you love the company in question, this is a great way to build up a mighty fine collection of their products.
- Gifts galore - As well as gifts for yourself, subscription boxes can provide you with a wealth of presents for those last minute special occasions. The deal with a box full of surprises is that you might not love every item. But this isn't a bad thing. There's bound to be one of your friends or acquaintances that would be into the pieces your less keen on. Send them a little surprise in the post or add extra to their birthday gift. Brownie points galore!
- The perfect gift - Subscription boxes themselves can make the perfect gift. One: they can keep on giving all year round. Two: they are usually beautifully packaged so you don't have to fight with wrapping paper. Three: the posting is done for you. Excellent for faraway friends.
- Smile and share - Not only will a perfectly presented package put a smile on your face every month, they also allow you to get involved in an online community of like minded people. Most boxes have a hashtag so you can see how everyone else is enjoying their items and share what you love most. You can catch Jewellery Club fans on #howjewelleryclub.
Jewellery Club - Obviously. Three pieces of jewellery plus extras, what's not to love!
Lucky Dip Club - A mix of colourful designs and items from some fabulous indie designers.
The Glitterati - Sparkly head wear from the fabulous Crown & Glory. Glitter galore!
Not Another Bill - Surprise gifts every month catered to your style and preferences. Nice!
Have I convinced you? Or are you already signed up to subscription box? Let me know who you recommend for happy post.
PS how awesome is this artwork by Kirsty Whiten? We love it. More colourful street art like this please Edinburgh!